Monday, October 6, 2008

I need a break

For the last few years I have been lucky enough to go somewhere great about every six months.
I have come to depend on these trips to keep me balanced. Though I love my job it does not come without a significant level of stress and its fair share of challenges. The time off is only one of the reasons these trips are important to my sanity. It gives me something to look forward to, something to plan, a motivation to save money and yes...a reward for all the hard things in the previous six months.
I am going on a great cruise in February so I thought that I would be able to survive until then...I was wrong. REALLY WRONG! I am going crazy, 11 months is really just too long. I have fall break from school next week so I am looking for a last minute vacation that I can do on a budget, a beach is preferable but not necessary. I have a few places I could go and have a free place to stay, some of those places are within driving distance, the others would cost about the same for a flight as it would to drive somewhere. I am at a loss.


Here are some of my options...

Los Angeles--drive and stay with friends

San Francisco--drive and stay with friends (maybe get a hotel in Carmel for a night or two:)

Florida--fly and stay with a friend

Houston, TX--fly and stay with a friend

Or I could find a last minute package online and go somewhere I have never been and I can explore. I need help so make your suggestions and tell me your favorite getaways.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Quick trip to Ireland?

Natalie Black said...

Whatever you do, don't go to Houston. They just got ravaged by Ike!

Gatlin Gang said...

I'd go somewhere quiet and peaceful. The mountains. You like the beach so maybe Oregon or Washington. Everyplace you listed sounds too busy for my liking. I am trying to figure out what part of your job is stressful. Is the the whitewater rafting, the snowboarding or the kayaking?