Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not the answer I was looking for


One of my new favorite rides is Tower of Terror at California Adventure Land. These two guys were next to us in line and as we were buckling in one nudged the other and said, "talk to them, they're cute."

The dude next to me immediately engaged me in some light-weight conversation leading to a question like, "so have you ever been on this ride before?" I gathered from the talking that the boy next to me worked at Disneyland and had been on the ride countless times...so I asked, "So are you gonna scream like a girl?"

When he finished guffawing he gave me some tough guy response like, "chaaa, NO!"

I simply stated, "oh, I am!"

The ride began, I giggled and screamed...like a girl. When it was all over the boy turned to me again and said that he hadn't even heard me screaming. I just smiled and quietly thought to myself, "that's just because it blended in with your screaming."

So boy, whoever you are, the answer to the question is, "of course I'm gonna scream like a girl." Because even if you are not going to scream I'm gonna think you're funny and confident and if you do scream, hey...you're covered!

No comments: