Monday, June 30, 2008

Too Fast!

It seems I spoke too fast. It seems I also drive too fast since I was pulled over again this morning on my way to work.

It just doesn't seem fair that because it is the 30th and they have to fill some quota...I drive to work on Beck St. via Victoria Rd. They have recently changed the speed limit on Victoria from 50mph to 40 because they have been doing some construction. The speed limit on Beck St. is and always has been 50 and I always make sure to be going pretty close to that since there are always police. Well this morning I was not paying as much attention and got up to 59 (still a reasonable and safe speed for Beck St.). I saw a motorcycle cop had pulled someone over and slowed my speed just as I saw officer #2.

He asked for my license only and explained that he had clocked me at 59 in a 45. This was clearly false information as I was pulled over directly under the 50mph sign...so I told the officer so. Apparently that is where the speed changes, it is 45 before Victory Rd. turns onto Beck...who knew! How can I be held accountable when the only sign I have ever seen on that road indicates 50 is the speed limit.


Okay, okay, I know, either way I was going over the speed limit. So when the officer came back with the citation for me to sign, he begged my pardon and asked what my weight was as he was certain it was not represented correctly on my drivers license. RUDE! I couldn't tell if he meant that I looked heavier or thinner than said weight, my picture is from before I lost any weight but the actual weight is only about 10 lbs more than what I weigh now. I don't know how any of this information is critical for a speeding ticket but apparently our protectors of the peace are all about accuracy? He expressed his confidence that I would be more aware of the signs and my speed in the future. Thank you sir for your confidence, I will be sure to look out more carefully for cops next time!

1 comment:

Gatlin Gang said...

He seriously asked about your weight? Doesn't everyone lie about that little piece of info. on their license?