Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bryce Canyon

WOW!



I have been so busy and so tired but when Candice texted me on Friday morning to ask if I wanted to go to Bryce Canyon I was all over it! We probably could have planned a little better but spontaneity trumps organization any day. We drove to St. George on Friday afternoon and stayed and the Crawford's house there. We considered getting up early to get there before it got too hot but it turns out that Bryce Canyon is much cooler than the rest of southern Utah so we got up around 8 and were finally on our way by 10am. It was kind of a long drive back up to Bryce and just past Cedar City I got pulled over. The speed limit is 75mph and I was probably going about 87...still kinda fast but really? Officer Clint something was really nice and accepted my sincere apology and promise to set my cruise control at 75 and let me off with a warning. He even gave me permission to go 80, what a great guy! Before we got to Bryce we stopped in the general store and shopped...I love general stores, they have so much fun stuff. We finally got to the park and had a great time wandering. It was really so beautiful and different than anything I have ever seen. It is pretty amazing!




We decided to take a little different route home and found highway 14. It was a gorgeous drive to which Candice commented something like, "wow, look at the expanseness...sometimes I just don't have words!" The views were incredible and we were so happy we took the scenic route.




It is so good to get out of town for a few days, I really need to do it as often as I can. Another little perk of this trip is that I got to see the Gatlins. Can I just tell you how little 4 year old Lexi recited several of the most difficult Articles of Faith all by herself. Wyatt is going to be in the Music Man in a few weeks and showed me his dance to Shipoopie and it was just so fun to see them even though it was just for a few minutes! I had a GREAT weekend...lucky me!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Ok, ok. You're weekend trumps mine.

Gatlin Gang said...

The kids loved your visit. And like I said. I was so glad it was you knocking on my door after 9 and not my crazy neighbor. I love Bryce. Haven't been there for a few years. The scenery gets you every time. I am so glad Candice had the great idea.