Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Spirituality of a Child

I was on the phone with my grandma tonight and she was telling me some funny stories from my childhood (6-7 yrs old). She mentioned that I had always seemed to be a spiritual child...well, see for yourself.

Car Trouble
We got into our old silver Volvo station wagon and it wouldn't start. My mom kept trying until I piped up from the back seat, "Mom, just say a prayer and then it will start." We prayed and it did start, but really, do you think God would let down a child like that!

Baptism
Natalie was 8 which means I was almost 7, Natalie had just been baptised in her white dress. My mom apparently turned to me at some point and said, "you can wear that pretty white dress when you get baptised next year!" To which I responded, "I don't want to wear that dress, its full of sins!"

So grandma, I think you are mistaken...its just sass!

2 comments:

Darby said...

I think that is one of the best baptism comments I've ever heard! I had a roommate my freshman year that would wake me and my sister up on Sunday mornings at 8:30 for 9 am church by saying "Get up you sinners!" It was awesome!

jess said...

definate sass