Thursday, October 18, 2007

Control issues and maturity

It amused me today how much like a 5 year old I can be. Surprised as you may be...it takes a lot of effort on my part to be nice all the time and I know I fail regularly. My efforts are almost entirely selfish as I generally suffer a severe guilt complex when I am mean. Really, who wants to feel bad all the time for treating ignorant idiots like ignorant idiots? That is beside the point...

Today, I almost threw a tantrum over a cart! The RT department has one that is clearly marked FOR RT USE ONLY. It has been missing for quite some time and I went searching for it today. After looking everywhere, I discovered it was being used by one of our new teachers for all of the crap she insists on carting around with her (this is in addition to her little backpack on wheels). I was low on patience by the time I found it and told her that it was my cart and that I needed it (five-year-old-ish I know). She responded by saying, "well, they gave it to me and I need it for all my things." Remember, I was already low on patience and asked her who "they" were. When she told me with that smug little look on her face I almost stomped my foot while I explained that "they" couldn't give her something that wasn't theirs to give and she better get her crap of my clearly labeled RT cart now or I was going to throw it at her. I refrained, opting to maintain my dignity and went to find a new cart.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Bahaha! She told me that either Steve or Michelle gave it to her. I didn't know you had anything to do with it! No worries!