Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I love my brother and Asian Invasion!

First of all, I love my brother, well all of them actually but I am speaking today about Brandon who is on his mission in Samoa. I just read his letter, thankful for the modern convenience of internet that allows me to know how he is doing on his little island in the Pacific while I am in the near east seeing all that is amazing. He is so happy and such a great example to me. He rocks and I love him!

Second item of business and sorry there isn't much time and I don't have pictures but I wanted to update the interested about the interesting. We were in Istanbul for 4 days and I recommend it to anyone loves travel and culture. We are in Selcuk now, near the Ephesus ruins, and it is also beautiful and surprising. We spent the day at the beach yesterday (sustaining only minor sunburns) and went to Ephesus today. This is where the asian invasion comes in, wow, so many tourists and so many of them asian! I love ruins, there is so much "scope for the imagination" when you find yourself wandering around an ancient city that once housed 250,000 people. I believe I saw my first of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, the Temple of Artemis. Maybe it isn't on the list anymore, it was pretty cool and again, wow! We fly to Athens tomorrow for more ruins, beaches and general fun fun fun!

No comments: