Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Ooh baby, do you know what that's worth?"

I have a list, several lists actually, but one of them is a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. A lot of the thing on this list are small, seemingly insignificant things. Others are big, expensive or very difficult things. Somewhere about two thirds down the list is: sing Karaoke!


You may qualify this under one of those small things but to me, the difficulty of carrying out said task is ridiculously disproportionate to the actual effort it ought to take. Though I am no Broadway performer, I can carry a tune. I have been in choirs, musicals, performed at church and I am a rock star in the shower! I don't know what it is about a smokey bar full of people that makes my palms sweat but I cannot do it. I took some first steps last night at Monks. Candace invited me to join a group of her thespian/musical friends for Saturday night karaoke. Step one, I went...step two, I sang Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven is a place on earth" with three other girls. It was fun, there is no denying I had a blast! I'll be brave next time.

1 comment:

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.