Sunday, September 9, 2007

College Football and Asbestos?

Saturday was an interesting day. I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at approximately 7am, something that NEVER happens. Those who know me are aware that mornings are not my favorite! Regardless of my desire to return to the world of fabulous dreams (yes, they were fabulous) I could not lull myself back to sleep. I decided to get up and work on an itinerary for my upcoming vacation. Do I want to go to Greece and Turkey or the Adriatic coast? Difficult question any time of day so keep in mind it was early. After coming up with a vague Plan A, dreamland beckoned me back and I took a 45 minute field trip. After breakfast, shower and a few minutes on the phone with mom I got a text from Jessie that said, "Long boarding pro yeah that's a black eye for your enjoyment" with an accompanying photo of the black eye and some wicked road rash (you should check her blog in a few days for pics)! I headed to her house to see for myself, poor girl was seriously injured (pride and all), sorry Jess!


At 3 o'clock I met my sisters, Natalie and Cecily, to head up to the Utah v. Air Force game, the first home game of the season. This pathetic alum doesn't even own a Utah t-shirt and sat in the visitor section courtesy of Natalie's friend and some free tix. It was fun even though the Utes didn't walk away with the victory. Go Utes!


After the game I had plans to go see King of Kong: A fist full of quarters, with Lance. This is where the asbestos comes in. I arrive to find a frantic and still wet from the shower Lance. He jumped the gun on some ceiling popcorn removal and is now certain he is going to die in two weeks from asbestos poisoning. I took him to go pick up a pizza knowing food always calms and cheers him but even this could not work. I left a drier but equally frantic Lance, frustrated to be thwarted in not my 1st, not my 2nd, but my 3rd attempt to see the above mentioned documentary. I hope Lance realizes that it is not insensitivity but a strong sense of logic that allows me to feel frustration in his time of need. Good luck Lance, and good luck to me in my next attempt to find hilarity in a documentary about video games!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Poor Lance. He will be missed by family, friends, and colleagues. He is survived by a super pissed off brother who has been rudely stripped of his TV and sitting room priveleges. May he rest in peace...in 11 days.