Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Oooooh...That's why its so fun!


One of our psychiatrists, in his great pity for my single state, took the opportunity to offer me this months Scientific American MIND magazine. Why We Kiss is one of the feature articles. Feel free to read it yourself, basically what I learned is this:

1. Monkey see, monkey do. Evolution gave us kissing, primates had practical purposes for mouth-to-mouth contact and we've learned you can do it just for fun!

2. I just can't help myself, kissing is addictive! Kissing and cocaine similarly stimulate reward centers in the brain, so kissing is like a drug.

3. A bad first kiss can end a relationship. Apparently, "A kiss my convey subconscious information about the genetic compatibility of a potential mate."

4. The scientific term for kissing is osculation...no thanks, I'd rather kiss.

5. When in doubt, tilt right. 80% of the time people tilt their head the the right, who knew?

2 comments:

Candace said...

I totally tilt my head to the right! I love that article. Mmm. Kissing. Delish!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a Kiss!!!