Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm HOT!

As many of you may know I have recently dropped a few pounds (49 as of this morning). Since I work with teenage boys who notice everything, I now regularly deflect both positive and negative commentary about my shrinking figure. I would like to share some of my very favorites!
  • "Yo miss, you's losin' weight!?!...I ain't askin', I'm sayin'...you lookin' good!"
  • "you lookin' pretty good but yo arms is flabby still"
  • "You lookin' good but this (while indicating the skin under his chin) it jus ain't goin' down."
  • "How much weight you gonna lose?" (to which I replied, I just want to be healthy) he responded "you was healthy a while ago, you good!"
  • "If I had to choose to go on a date with Britney Spears or Hilary, I'd choose Hilary because Britney has fake boobs, fake nose, fake hair...." (this kid was talking to himself out loud and I stopped him before he could continue by telling him he would most definitely never have to make that particular choice)

and my personal favorite...

  • "Man miss Hilary...you's gettin' small!"

So, um...Thanks boys!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Aren't they gems? I am saddened that you didn't add any of the compliments followed by blatant insults. Those were always my favorites!
cheers!

Darby said...

Compliments from the hood it sounds like. Congrats on the loss (That's usually not something you say:).