Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tripping

One great Jack Handy quotes is,

"Once I saw an old woman slip and fall. My first instinct was to laugh but then I thought, what if I were an ant and she fell on me, then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."

Yesterday I was in my car and there was this guy walking and he totally tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. He actually went back to look at what made him fall which made me laugh a little. Another time I was driving with my mom and this runner tripped over a speed bum and rolled a few times, again, lots of laughing. It is always pretty funny to see someone fall, even if you are concerned for their safety you can't help but giggle a little while you are helping them get up. They probably wont even let you help them because they are so embarrassed. Once there was this girl and she was running to catch a bus and she just lost it going down right in front of a bus load of people (bahhahaha), poor thing! Why is it so funny?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"once there was THIS girl" hmm... wonder who that could be? Kinda like when you share a story and start by saying I heard of this most embarrassing moment, but it didn't happen to me, uh it was this girl...who uh.... no one's buying the story that it was someone else....

Natalie Black said...

What about that time "that one girl" slid down a muddy little hill on her butt after falling at the U? Don't forget that one. So, if only one person sees you does that mean it actually happened?

Hilary said...

actually, THAT girl just slipped in a little mud and fell on her bum. It is not like she was ice skating and fell and almost cracked her head open. Didn't she have a headache for a week? Like I said, I'm a klutz okay, get over it.