Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dave Matthews

This blog would be complete if I did not pay tribute to my very favorite musician. Let me share with you an entry from my travel journal (a little notebook I take with me when I go on a trip to document the interesting and sometimes not so interesting things that I do). Last October Katrina and I drove to Las Vegas for a Dave & Tim show. I have a list of things I need to see or do before I die and seeing Dave & Tim perform together was one of them.

27 October 2006

Dave and Tim...check! It was so awesome. Three hours of fabulous music. I'm in Las Vegas and it is the Vegoose Festival. A smaller venue would have been preferrable but the MGM Grand Garden Arena was good too. Katrina and I drove down this morning. We had dinner at some Italian place at the New York, NY and then went to the show at 8. They came out a little late but worth every second of waiting. They started with Bartender then Stay or Leave. Dave talked a lot, telling stories about how Mic (Jagger) asked him to play Memory Motel with him and his teleprompter didn't work...talking on the phone with Bono while in the bathtub...seeing the sharks with his girls and talking about how soon we will only be able to see animals at zoos... "here's a song that's all about elephants..." CRASH. He did tons of funny voices that reminded me of Brandon. This guy in front of us stood and danced the whole time. Not just mellow dancing but super into it and might I add entertaining interpretive type dancing. Wow!

Actual Setlist:
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
MGM Grand Hotel - Grand Garden ArenaLas Vegas, NV

Bartender
Dodo
Lie In Our Graves
Stay Or Leave
Jimi Thing
What Will Become Of Me
Old Dirt Hill
Gravedigger
So Damn Lucky
Little Thing
Two Step
Down By The River
Im Your Captain *
Some Devil +
Satellite
The Maker
Crush
Tripping Billies
Smooth Rider
Crash Into Me
Typical Situation
Dancing Nancies

Encore:
Sister
Oh
When The World Ends
Save Me
Ants Marching

Special Guests:
* Tim Solo
+ Dave Solo

There is more but I will spare you. Basically what you should get from this is that I L-O-V-E Dave Matthews and so should you.

No comments: