Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth

I was invited to watch conference with friends in St. George with a plan for a little side trip Saturday night to go dancing in Vegas. Saturday we watched conference, went to lunch in our pj's, did some shopping and had a delicious dinner of homemade salmon burgers and sweet potato fries. At about 10pm we drove to Vegas and danced til the wee hours of the morning...we had a ball!

We decided that we might as well extend our weekend so we took Monday and Tuesday off and went to L.A. on Sunday afternoon. We spent Monday enjoying all Disneyland has to offer!



Kate and Candice on the Matterhorn




Aunt Joanna joined us for part of the day and we were so glad she did!





We had such a fun time, my favorite rides of the day being Soaring over California, Big Thunder Mountain and the new and improved Space Mountain!!! We also took this little quiz to find out which Disney character we are most like. In case you are wondering...

...I am Jane from Tarzan.

The truth is, it doesn't matter how old you are (and I got a little older this week so I know), Disneyland is just fun...really, one of the happiest places on earth!



4 comments:

Candace said...

Oh! Disneyland is my favorite!! I am so happy that you guys took the few extra days to go there! I love you and miss you!

PS- I was the evil witch from Snow White. Go figure.

Caroline said...

Oh the jaunting off to Disneyland! I miss those spontaneous days--that whole ordeal would have taken months to prepare for and several weeks to recover from. But apparently very worth it from what I hear.

P.S. You look good, lady!

Hilary said...

Haha! I totally lied on the question: Do you like to have lunch with nice people or nice people for lunch? I wanted to be a princess not a witch! I wonder who I would've been if I'd answered it honestly!

Gatlin Gang said...

It is the happiest place on earth. I can totally see you being Jane. Now I know why you didn't call on your way through town. We are most likely joining Brady on his trip to Salt Lake for training. We might see you Monday night!